Evernote Mac Set Text Color Macro -- Deprecated

UPDATED: 2019-05-03 17:19 GMT-5
This macro is no longer available.

This macro allows the user to select a text color from a dropdown list to be applied to selected text in Evernote Mac.

I have been running this macro since Feb 17, 2015 in EN Mac 6.0.6 and 6.0.7, both running on Mac OS X Mavericks.

Here's an image of the macro:

This macro requires a custom Color Palette named "MY Colors".
Note that the color labeled "KM Init Pick" is required for the macro to initially select.

Here is a screenshot:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Is there any way to set a keyboard shortcut per each color and remove the step of clicking the color in the menu? Ie hit a specific keyboard shortcut for making the text blue? (and then a different keyboard shortcut for making the text green)

If there is I have not been able to find it. I agree, that would be very useful.

I have not tried this, but one idea is to use "Found Image" to find and click on the color item.

1 Like

Hi JMichaelTX, thank you for sharing this. I tried downloading the macro from the above link, but it returns a 404 DropBox page.

I was wondering if you could point me to a place to download the macro.

Thanks again for everything.

Sorry for your trouble, but that macro is no longer available because it turned out to be unreliable, and I do not have a replacement. I should have updated my OP.

Thanks for the speedy response. The macro did look fairly complicated.

I've found a temporary solution, I just discovered that Shift + Command + C opens the color palette. You then click the color you want and close the palette.

I'm now looking to see how I can automate this using Maestro, but I'm in no rush.

I have been trying to automate the use of the standard macOS Color Picker for years now, and have not found a way. I wish you good luck and hope you do find a way. If so, please publish here.