Executing successive 'Delete' key actions

I’m working in an application called ScanSnap Manager. It has an automatic naming convention for scans that I’m attempting to alter via KM.

Once in the app, I hit the Enter key which selects all the text in the name field. Then I hit the right arrow key to place the cursor at the end of the text. This works as expected. What won’t work at all is programming 9 successive Delete key presses. KM won’t even execute one; it just stops. I’ve tried repeating Delete key actlons and even putting a slight pause between each one, but nothing works.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios

Does a CTRL-X work? You might be able to grab the text, manipulate it with
KM, and then paste/type it back…

c

I use a ScanSnap and ScanSnap Manager myself. It never asks me for a file name though, so I don’t know what you’re trying to control.

I generally rename the file after it opens in Preview, which I do using the Get Preview Window Path plug in action.

I’m have no idea why the Delete key would not work at that point though.

It’s ‘my bad’ on this one guys.

What I didn’t realize until after I read Chris’ response, that the application wasn’t ScanSnap at all, even tho that was the app I scanned with. I always ‘Save to Folder’ when doing this and that was the name of the app, hence all of my problems with executing the macro. Once I adjusted for that, all was fine and worked as expected.

Even tho Chris’ answer wasn’t on point for this, it did make me look at the situation differently. So thanks Chris; you did help.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios

1 Like

This was the closest topic I could find related to ScanSnap and Scan to Folder.

I am trying to create a macro to press the Save button. When this window exists and is true I cannot seem to get KM to press the Save button. Below are a couple screenshots, the first showing the Scan to Folder window and the second showing the condition as true in KM but nothing happens as it stands.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thx

Actually a keyboard shortcut already exists: Control-Enter. I use it about 20-30 times a day.

HTH.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios

Thanks J D, originally I created a Macro Group just for this Macro and set it to only run when Scan to Folder was active. What I did not realize was it still needed to be Triggered after the application Activates.

Tried your tip and Control-Enter does not work on my system, however now that the macro is working I do not have to remember another shortcut as this happens automatically and Hazel can take the file from there and sort into it's proper folder.

Now to simplify my Macro Groups I moved it to my ScanSnap Macro Group which also has a couple Macro's to Activate and Quit ScanSnap Manager with USB triggers. This Macro only triggers when Scan to Folder Activates. I put the pause in to slow it down in case I blink.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Take Care!