tell application "HoudahSpot"
    finderSearch
end tell

--
Best Regards,
Chris

1 Like

Thanks – I hadn't looked at HoudahSpot

(May just need to add a space in the code, I think)

tell application "HoudahSpot"
	finder search
end tell

I took a look at it – it seems good.

Perhaps one could do something along these lines:

Search with HoudahSpot in active Finder folder.kmmacros (5.7 KB)

Thanks, again. As usual, it worked perfectly.

I have to give kudos to you guys for the effort and consistency you put into helping others solve their problems. The world needs more people like you.

1 Like

That's working?

finderSearch is correct in HoudahSpot 3.9.10 (10162).

I can't use 4.x, because it's Yosemite-only. Did Pierre change the verb?

-Chris

Seems so. Using Yosemite and version 4 here - it’s good.

I have HoudahSpot but don’t use it much these days. Instead I use Find Any File its hierarchical search is brilliant for visually pinpointing file locations, especially when there are several copies of the same file in different locations.

I usually start a search with Spotlight.

If I don’t find what I want I move to HoudahSpot.

If I don’t find what I want I move to Find Any File.

If I don’t find what I want I move to File Buddy — the 800lb Gorilla of Mac file search utilities.

But I also recommend EasyFind, because it’s freeware. My one major complaint is that it won’t allow searching as root.

-Chris

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas Chris File Buddy looks interesting I'll download the trial and give it a try.

This https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/e/1e28aec1fdb115d3b099b99409cd9fada751bf59.kmmacros macro works great for Finder -> HoudahSpot, but I can't get it to work for "Path Finder" -> HoudahSpot. Can anyone help?

Hey Barry,

Path Finder's AppleScript dictionary is pretty sad, and the developer's gnash their teeth every time I ask them to improve it even a little bit.

You can do this, but you MUST have a selection in the active pane of Path Finder.

-Chris

Search with HoudahSpot in Active Path Finder Folder v1.00.kmmacros (10 KB)