How to incrementally copy and paste cells from Excel?

Hi

I have been trying to do this for quite some time but i can’t seem to find how to do…

I intent to incrementally copy and paste cells from Microsoft Excel to another application.

All the cells that I require start at A1 and go down to A4300. I would like to copy 50 cells of A at a time.

e.g.

Copy A1 to A50 then open the other app and paste, then come back
copy A51 to A100 then …
copyA101-A150 then… repeat until all the active cells are completed or i reach cell A4300.

I just need help with the part of incrementally copying in Excel.

Can anyone suggest any ideas? provide a basic applescript?
I have created a script to click shift down and copy x50 times then paste on the other application. But the problem is that when i come back to Excel and click down the selection does not start at Cell A51 it starts at Cell A2 and as a result copies 50 cells from A2 which had already been copied in the first attempt starting at A1.

Many thanks.

Hey There,

I demonstrated the basics of how to do that in this thread (ref).

What kind of data are you copying? Text, formulas… what?

What application are you pasting into?

The Excel part of this is easy to script, but more information is needed on your task to properly advise you.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. I was wrong to mention the repeat above. I just need a script that only copies the next 50 cells down everytime that it is triggered. Can you assist? I shall be copying numbers not formulas a simple select and Command + C is everything that i need, but it must always select the next 50 cells every time that i trigger the script.

e.g.
1.trigger the script - incrementally copy the next 50 cells down
2.do the remaining action
3.trigger the script - incrementally copy the next 50 cells down
4.do the remaining action

Thank you

What app are you pasting into?

-Chris