Shortcut key for next and previous macros?

Are there shortcut keys for the previous and next macro edited? I think there should be there aren't. I am referring to:

Of course I could implement these with Click Found Image actions, but I think this really ought to be built in and coordinated with the command structure. ⌘← and ⌘→ seem the obvious choices. Their current use seems redundant — I can't find any difference between those and ⌘↑ and ⌘↓

1 Like

No there aren’t, and probably yes there should be.

3 Likes

When you select a Macro in the Macro panel, the UP/DOWN arrow keys work for me. I don't see that we need anything else.

@MitchellModel is referring to previous/next history, not previous/next in the macros list. So moving back and forth in the list of recently edited macros.

Seems like I remember @DanThomas posted a macro to facilitate keyboard access to that macro edit history.

@JMichaelTX -
Is this the macro you had in mind?
I haven't tried it yet, but I will.
Looks very useful.

Thanks, @MitchellModel, for bumping up the idea.

Nope.

Use this script by @ccstone, which will open the KM Editor Macro History list, and then the arrow keys will work, as well as typing the characters at the start of the Macro name:

I have put Chris' script into a macro here:

Hey Mitchell,

No need to click found-images.

See posts 19 and 20 in this thread:

Moving the Focus in the Keyboard Maestro Editor

-Chris

I have added menu items to Select Macros: Last Used, Last Edited, Previous/Next Edited for the next version.

Not sure if they will have any command keys per se, but you can always set them yourself (or use a macro obviously).

2 Likes

Sounds great! Thanks.

Would it be possible to also have a menu/shortcut to select the next/prior macro in the Macro List pane?

Sometimes I have done a search for macros that all need to be edited, and it would be nice to quickly move from one macro to the next.

Not a big deal, and certainly not worth a lot of effort on your part. But if you can easily add this it would be helpful.

The AppleScript support would probably allow you to do that, but if not, you can do something like this:

• View ➤ Select Macros Column
  • Down Arrow
  • And maybe View ➤ Edit Name, but there is no specific place you want to focus on the second macro.

This AppleScript works for me:

AppleScript-Text:

-- Use this script as a wrapper for GUI Scripting statements when you are confident that GUI Scripting is available and enabled or that the user knows how to enable it if necessary

activate application "Keyboard Maestro"
    tell application "System Events"
    	tell process "Keyboard Maestro"

-- previously edited macro:
    		click button 1 of group 4 of window "Keyboard Maestro Editor"

-- OR ALTERNATIVELY:

-- next edited macro:
    		click button 2 of group 4 of window "Keyboard Maestro Editor"

end tell
    end tell

This AppleScript toggles the last edited macro:

tell application "System Events"
  tell process "Keyboard Maestro"
    perform action "AXPress" of button 1 of group 5 of window "Keyboard Maestro Editor"
  end tell
end tell