Activate/Deactivate Macro Group action not working after v8.0 update

The image below is my setup. Pressing the hotkey does not disable/enable the script, however, it still shows the pop-up saying that the macro group is disabled/enabled. Help, please?

I can confirm this.
Running Keyboard Maestro 8.0.1 (8.0.1) on macOS 10.11.6.

@peternlewis, a bug?

I tried duplicating this and could not. I set up a macro group with settings for Show a palette until Status Menu, and a macro to Activate/Deactivate the macro group, and it toggled the palette and the activate of the enclosed macro, so I’m missing something if there is a bug.

That's the difference. Try it with a normal group without any Show Palette.

OK, I’ll look in to it. I’m not 100% sure whether the behaviour is correct, and the displayed message should simply refuse to say Disabled, or the behaviour is incorrect and the displayed message is correct.

But then there is no option for “Activated until” which would be necessary for the macro group to be initially activated.

The activation code in Keyboard Maestro is incredibly complicated unfortunately.

Thanks.

This should be resolved in 8.0.2.

The whole thing is a bit confusing though.

If you deactivate a macro group that is configured for “Always activated and shows a palette” (et al), then the palette goes away, but the macro group remains active. But if you deactivate a macro group that is configured for “Always activated”, then the macro is deactivated.

There is a reason I wanted to keep macro groups that show palettes as “active if and only if the palette is shown”. But you all insisted, so I hope you make the most of the facility to make up for the added confusion!

So, are you saying there is no way to deactivate the macro group with this setting? What about disabling it? -- Just tested this: it works.

Ah, the old "they made me do it!" LOL

For me, the Always activated and shows a palette option is HUGE!
It allows me to have my cake and eat it too. :wink:
See my post about this.

For my workflows, I don't see a need to deactivate such a group. I can always use the Disable Action which works (just tested it).

In terms of availability, what is the difference between making a macro group inactive and disabled?

Correct, you cannot deactivate it with the deactivate macro group action.

Yes, I understand the utility of a macro group that is always active and sometimes shows a palette. It's just that it adds more complexity to the already complex activation system.

"active" is a transient state. When the engine re-launches, all that state is abandoned and you go back to the defaults.

"enabled" is a semi-permanent state - visible in the editor, and synced between Macs.

Fixed in Keyboard Maestro 8.0.2.
Please confirm and check "Solved" if fixed.

Confirmed. Activate/Deactivate macro group is fixed in v8.0.2. I am new to the forums, how would I check my post “solved”?

If one of the above posts solves your problem/question as originally stated, please check the “Solved” checkbox (click for details) at the bottom of that post.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Macro Group Activation/Deactivation Not Working in KM 8.2.4