1Password Bookmarks fail after installation of KM 9

Hello,

Just installed Keyboard Maestro 9, and get the following error:

There is no application set to open the URL onepassword7://open_and_fill/ ... includes two long hex strings.

Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or chose an existing application on your computer.

I have 1Password 6.8.8. Do I need to move back to KM 8?

Thanks

Any ideas? I've tried deleting the safari extension keychain entries, and paired 1password in Safari.

I can create new 1password entries, and they do show up as a 1Password Bookmark.

Thanks

I'm guessing that onepassword7://open_and_fill requires 1Password version 7 to work. I'm unclear why this would not have thrown an error in Keyboard Maestro 8.

KM9 Requires 1Password 7.3

From the KM9 Whats New -- Actions

• Updated Open 1Password action to work with 1Password 7.3+.
  • Added URL selection to Open 1Password action (requires 1Password 7.3+).

So, you would need to either move back to KM8, OR, upgrade to 1PW 7.
I definitely recommend the latter -- upgrade to 1PW7.

Thank you! I read the full upgrade list, but didn’t notice the 1 Password Reference.

I love KM 9, but just not a fan of subscriptions, which is the most practical option for 1PW 7. Have to do some soul searching...

Indeed, I would definitely agree. I've been using 1Password.com for awhile now, and think it is excellent. However, if you want, you can still buy 1Password rather than sign up for a subscription.

1 Like

It is not intended to require 1Password 7.

I will look in to why the 1Password 6 support is not working and see if I can rectify it.

3 Likes

I can confirm the KM9 actions work with 1Password 7. Perhaps it's the opening string: onepassword7://

Thank you for looking into this.

What did you decide to do? I'm still looking for a solution. I don't want to upgrade to 1 PW7 subscription.

I don't use 1Password. But I went to their website and it says you can choose between the subscription model and the purchase model for macOS. https://1password.com/downloads/mac/ Do you have an old version that you don't want to pay to get a current version? I don't like paying for anything either, except for Keyboard Maestro, so I use macOS Keychain, which I thought was similar functionally. Personally I'm paranoid about trusting anyone with my passwords. So I went and researched 1Password, and paranoia doesn't leave early, but their product doesn't look too bad, especially if you use it in standalone mode, which I doubt anyone does.

I upgraded to 1PW7
I'm not a fan of the subscription model, but this was the path of least resistance. They do have a stand-alone version, sans online features.

I'd rather not fork out $50 for the standalone 1PW7 or use the subscription model--1PW6 works fine. Fixing the error in KM 9 would be my preference.

1 Like

Just as an aside… the Safari extension from 1Password 6 will not work with Safari 13. Apple has completely changed the extension format in a way which made all of the old ones incompatible. You pretty much have to get them through the Mac App Store now. FWIW/FYI.