2D Grid Palette of Buttons: Virtual Elgato Stream Deck

Hi rlivingston, Thanks for the tool, I use it daily, works great

Just one trivial thing, remove button picture seems not working, the ui shows it was removed, but the item is still there after relaunch.

Thanks for the heads up.

I believe that I have fixed this bug.

You have to go to the website and re-download the app, and it should work.

I appreciate your taking the time to tell me. Any future problems with this or anything, please notify me.

On Apr 9, 2021, at 5:34 PM, max khan kmforum@forum.keyboardmaestro.com wrote:

Just one trivial thing, remove button picture seems not working

2 Likes

I have quietly updated the application. It is now called ASK_Palette. The new name reflects the fact that it is now also capable of directly launching AppleScripts and Shortcuts as well as Keyboard Maestro.

If you check out the manual, there are some instructions about migrating your palettes to ASK_Palette from KM_GridPalettes. You can copy relevant resources without actually getting rid of KM_GridPalettes so you can test this new version without totally committing yourself. You can continue to use KM_GridPalettes. But unless I have introduced some bad bug, it is a superior experience even if you do not bother with the AppleScript and Shortcuts new feature.

Here is the link to the web page to download this application.

ASK_Palette

I am applying to become an Apple "approved" developer so that you don't have to jump through all the hoops and warning about an "unauthorized" developer. I plan to make a fuller announcement later. But I would like to have a few folks give it a try and offer feedback before make a more public announcement..

3 Likes

I am now approved. So new users of ASK_Palette do not have to go through contortions to get it accepted for the first time on your computer.

1 Like

ASK_Palette Information and Downloads

I upgraded ASK_Palette today. A few bugs have been fixed. A new function has been added which is the ability to simply move from one palette to another. A button on a palette can be assigned the task of bringing up another palette. In this fashion, one can create a "family" of palettes and move from one to another.

ASK_Palette works with KM by having macros in KM that have a one to one relationship with palettes in ASK_Palette. It is reasonable on the KM side to put all these macros into a single Macro Group for organizational purposes. A user alerted me to to a potential problem. If you assign simply ASK_Palette as the sole application that deals with the Macro Group it will not work. That Macro Group should be made Available in all applications. The non-obvious reason why this fails is that ASK_Palette is actually using an embedded AppleScript to launch the corresponding KM macro rather than ASK_Palette itself.

Therefore, feel free to put all the macros on the KM side that are the recipients of ASK_Palette commands in a Macro Group (as I do) but make sure that Macro Group Is Available in all applications.

My palette to place some of my favorite emoji in text applications. Constructed with ASK_Palette.

2 Likes