A Hotkey to Repeat the Last Macro Used?

Thank you very much, @gglick. I don't know how I missed that.

@ccstone also created macros to get the last N's executed macro from the Engine log, exactly what I was thinking.

Hi, Peter, this is great idea, used in combination with the macros @DanThomas, @gglick, and @ccstone have made.
I may add some special characters in the macro name for multiple macros. I can do something like:

• if it contains (or maybe ends with) "special characters" (I'll probably do a RegEx search, match from the end of the macro list)
    • get the complete macro name and execute the macro.

Then I can freely rename those macros without worrying about the need to edit this macro as long as I keep those special characters untouched.

This has great usage for testing macros. Normally, I would assign a hotkey for test and then delete it after the test. But now, I only need to include the special characters in the test macros and run it once to add it to the last executed macro list. So, no need to assign a hotkey and then remove it.

1 Like

I've made a macro to execute the last run macro whose name ends with ==TM== (==TM== may be changed to anything else as long as we replace ==TM== with the target string in the macro as well.

Using this macro, we only need to add the target string (in this case, ==TM==) to the target macro name. We don't need to add the target UUID action (see below) to the macro.

If you haven't seen this, check it out: MACRO: Run Current Macro.

Obviously this has to be run from the Editor, but I use it constantly.

1 Like

Thanks, @DanThomas.

I searched but did not find it. I was searching for last executed macro. I think that's why I did not find it.

I just downloaded it and tested it. It's great! Your macro is definitely very useful for debugging macros, since we probably keep the Editor open for this kind of job. I'll like it very much and I'll start using it right away!

1 Like

This simple action lists the most recently used macros:
Almost always the first line returned in the list of macros is the one I want. Since it is pre-selected, hitting return runs it.
I have a macro assigned to hotkey F5 with only this action. So, F5 + Return does the job almost always. Can also modify "55m" on the fly if a lot of time has elapsed since last use.

P.S. My attempts to filter the log file for the most recent macro worked most of the time but when it didn't, it was really annoying.

3 Likes