A KM macro for Typinator

Since Textexpander has changed to subscription based method of compensation I suspect many people will move to Typinator or KM (or both) for text expansion needs. I’m getting a bit long in the tooth so I wanted to easily select among my abbreviations when I can’t remember them, I have a lot of them. Here is the result.

Typinator Macro.kmmacros (7.2 KB)

This macro can display all of your abbreviation sets or just one set.

For single set operation:
Disable the first “execute applescript” and “prompt for user action”, they are colored yellow for ease of location. In the second execute applescript action locate the string “MY Abbreviations” (underlined in red) and replace it with the name of one of your abbreviation sets. I recommend you do this regardless of how you intend using the macro.

For full set operation:
Do not disable the actions indicated above or re-enable them if you turned them off. You should have edited “My Abbreviations” as above to define the default single set.

Single set operation is a bit quicker as you will not be asked to choose which set contains your abbreviation.

2 Likes

Oh Boy! Now this is a script I just HAVE to HAVE. Awesome work John! Thanks for posting it.

Interesting error here.

Hey Fellas,

Just to be sure – you’re aware of QuickSearch and Set-Specific searching – yes?

-Chris

1 Like

Heh! Obviously not Chris. Actually I did discover QuickSearch 2 months ago but have have demonstrated in grand fashion how dead some of my brain cells are. I need post-it notes for my post-it notes. :blush:

OMG, I’m so glad I’m not the only one! I so totally get that.

Hey Fellas,

Just to be sure – you're aware of QuickSearch and Set-Specific searching – yes?

-Chris

Posted by ccstone on 06/26/2016

Yes, but that takes all the fun out of it.

JBS
Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Can you tell me how you produced that error?

Yes. I imported the macro and ran it. :wink:

Contact me off list please. You have my email address.

Could you please point me to info re QuickSearch? I couldn’t find it.

Hey @anamorph,

It’s well described in the Typinator user-guide, although it’s two words instead of one.

“Quick Search”

* User-guide available through the Action (gear) button of Typinator’s main window under “Help”.

The activation keyboard shortcut is in the “Activation” panel of Typinator’s prefs.

-Chris

That explain it – I don’t use Typinator! I thought it was a KM feature. :wink:

Thanks!

Keyboard Maestro has the Trigger Macro by Name action, perhaps that is similar.

7 posts were split to a new topic: KeyCue