A little help with Retina Display and KM 7.3 issue?

I have some code that works differently now, on a Retina display, under KM 7.3. Since I don't have a Retina display, I can't test. I'm hoping someone can help out?

Here's the relevant code:

Get and Crop Image Action.kmmacros (22.7 KB)

Select an action and run this macro. What it's supposed to do is copy the action as an image to the clipboard, then crop it so it isn't wider than 485 pixels.

This worked in 7.2 (although with an issue I'll discuss below), and doesn't work correctly in 7.3 (with a Retina display).

The issue is not with the width (although that's potentially an issue also), but with the height. Under 7.2, I got an image like this (I added a border to make the issue more clear):

I never knew there was blank space at the bottom. You can't see it, and everything looked OK.

Now, we get this (again, I added the border)

I'm not sure how to fix this, and not having a Retina display to test with, I'm kind of stuck. What I'd like to do is:

• Not have the extra vertical space - not on the top or the bottom.

So if any of you with a Retina display could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Like

I may have solved this. See MACRO: [KMFAM] Favorite Actions and Macros.

In case it isn’t solved:

Before 7.3 there was a quirk with image resizing and resolution, if the resolution was not 72ppi.
In 7.3 there is a change (“Ensure all the image resizing actions operate on pixels, regardless of DPI.”) that supposedly addresses the issue.

Possibly this has a side-effect on your macro?

Yep, that’s it exactly. The “quirk” of it not working right on non-72 DPI was actually beneficial to me, as it turns out. Now that it’s fixed, I have to deal with it.

It’s funny - when I first posted KMFAM, I expected some issues with retina displays, but since nobody reported any, I figured I got off lucky. Now I realize I just had a delayed reaction. :slight_smile: