A Reverse Engineering Question

I was wondering: Is there a way to un-trigger a trigger file such that it reverts to its original bare KM macro format? Thank you much.....

Maybe I am missing a very huge elephant in the room, but…

I don’t get the problem/question.

As already pointed out by others, a KM trigger file (for example MyMacro.kmtrigger) contains nothing more than the UUID of a macro. The filename extension makes the system launch the corresponding macro.

So, what could be reverse-engineered here? If you want to change the UUID, just open the file in the text editor or hex editor of your choice and replace the UUID with the UUID of the macro you wish to point to. (The name of the trigger file is irrelevant.)

(If you are using a text editor, make sure it doesn’t auto-add a line break, like for example with well-intentioned nonsense features/options like BBEdit’s “Ensure file ends with a line break”.)

1 Like

Maybe I am missing a very huge elephant in the room

Correct. You are missing the elephant.

Give me a little hint: is it pink or rather white?

It doesn't answer to a colour, but it does have a UUID.

OK, this was helpful :slight_smile: Slowly but steadily I’m getting what @Clint wanted. Seems I was to much focused on “Is there a way to get the UUID from the trigger file?”.

Should have payed more attention to the function names in your script :wink:

1 Like

Slowly but steadily I’m getting what he wanted.

it's impolite to refer to elephants' colors, in the third person, especially when they're standing right there in the living room...just kidding. I'm getting tired and my NYC humor is :slight_smile:

1 Like

I corrected my grammar/style. I apologize. My excuse is that these days I’m posting from an iPhone, and I was simply too lazy to type it the correct way. :innocent:

no worries...just kidding. I think I'll change my icon to Ghandi or Mother Teresa...the Clint thing is too scary.

Yoko Ono would be a nice compromise :upside_down_face:

thanks...I'll consider it...especially since, after several decades, I'm finally warming up to her. Recently saw a YouTube vid where Yoko, her son, Sean, Julian Lennon (Sean's Brother) and Julian's mother - after years of bitterness, "gave peace a chance." They hung out, hugged & were openly affectionate at Julian's 1st photo exhibition. It was really quite touching (but 9 years old: 2010)