Add an option to improve palette

I think it would be a good idea to be able to toggle palette on and off with the same hotkey.

So if I have a palette like this :

Pressing ⌃ + ⇧ + F will show me palette. And then pressing ⌃ + ⇧ + F again, will close it.

Perhaps add it as an option. For me personally it would be quite useful as I can quickly open and close a palette all from the same hotkey.

Thank you.

nikivi, you may want to explore the Group options for showing a palette.

1 Like

Oh sweet. I thought it’d be there somewhere. :smiley:

Speaking of palettes. If anyone here uses BetterTouchTool, you can customise trackpad gestures in there to do what you want.

So I assigned four finger swipe to trigger a palette under my cursor :

I just started experimenting with this idea but so far it's been really interesting to power up my trackpad with the powerful KM palettes.

Is it possible to combine Show/hides a palette when and Show palette for one action?

I want to trigger palette on/off from same hotkey. But also close palette after an action is chosen.

Think about the logic of what you are asking for, and you'll realize that you don't need it. :wink:

I suppose I could trigger the on/off hotkey at each palette action. But maybe there is a more elegant solution than this.

If you use the option to “show palette for one action” you don’t need the “show/hide” option. As soon as you trigger one macro on the palette, it will be hidden automatically.

Yeah I get that. But I also want to turn off palette without triggering any macro action. Say I triggered my palette and changed my mind as I did it. I want to then dismiss it using the same hotkey.

Currently I attached an action to each palette action to trigger hotkey that opens the palette to achieve this behaviour. Although this solution is not exactly DRY. So I was thinking perhaps there was a better way to do this.

Just press the ESC key to dismiss.

That would work for hotkey triggered palettes. This one is triggered by a gesture. And that gesture is bound to a hotkey. :disappointed:

So I want to open palette with same gesture, close palette with the same gesture.

In any way, copying a bunch of actions with the same hotkey is not so bad. :slightly_smiling_face:

If four finger swipe up is open palette, how about four finger swipe down issues BTT Custom Keyboard Shortcut of your choosing that is a KM HotKey for click on found image's center to close palette?