Add magnifying glass to the "image square" in macros

@peternlewis, I wonder if you would consider adding in the next version of KBM a better way to see the actual image added to every dialog containing <> image in the macros.

It can be a magnifying glass button or even better a button which allows to see the original image added into every "image square".

I've found that when I am troubleshooting the macros, I commonly want to check what does the image say exactly. I typically press CMD-Opt-8 to switch the zoom on and off, but it would be much more convenient to have this option inside the macro dialog.

Since macro saves a very little image, it is also at times unreadable, even under magnification, so perhaps instead of zoom, we can see the original image added.

As an example, here is the original image:
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 7.51.33 PM

And here how it looks in the macro:

Very hard to read even under magnifying glass.

Click on the image and press Space to Quick Look this image.

9 Likes

Wow - thank you so much for the tip @peternlewis ! I did not know it.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, there are alternatives to embedding images in that image well that might be better, especially for macros that you will keep and use long-term. See my post below that explains why. ↓

Why Embedding Images Directly Into a Found Image's Action Is a Bad Idea - Tips & Tutorials - Keyboard Maestro Discourse

3 Likes

Thanks, I'll check it out.