Add modifiers to prompt with list?

I read the Wiki and Searched the Forum about the Prompt with List action and can't find the answer to question.

Are the any native and can I add any modifiers such as ⌘Click on list Item, or ⇧Click or ⌃Click and combinations of ⇧⌃⌥ ⌘ + Click ?

For example, it would be nice to be able to have a modifier which would delete the item from the list

thank you very much

thank you but I need more structured and detailed info. The link assumes that the user already understands a lot. I know about tokens, but have no clue on how to use %PromptWithListModifiers%.

I linked above to a discussion at length about the issue. The feature does not yet exist, so there's nothing I can add, but as you can see, the next update will enable you to do what you want to do. How to use the feature? We won't know until we can get our hands on it.

2 Likes

thank you. I misunderstood sorry. I thought that the master @peternlewis was referring to a previous version and the update the current version

These already exist -- it's how you do multiple selections (when that option is turned on), either contiguous (⇧Click), non-contiguous (⌘Click), or a mix of both.

2 Likes

@Nige_S

↑ Cant do this though.

1 Like

where are the list "settings" ?

Which is why I only quoted the first two, in case @ronald didn't know about them. Standard UI actions which many people use in for Finder file selections but don't realise also work in multi-select enabled list dialogs. Usual reaction is "WTF!?!" when I show show someone how to open three Word docs at once from one "Open" dialog :slight_smile:

%PromptWithListModifiers% will be a useful addition.

In the "cogwheel" menu of the "Prompt With List" action.

2 Likes

thanks !! I should have guessed.
I am posting this image for the benefit of other dummies like me.