Applescript BUG?

When executing an Applescript then executing another Applescript immediately after if the first Applescript is not executed because of an error outside of KM. Then KM does not execute the remaining Applescripts.

Can anyone assist?

Hey There,

Not without more information.

It all depends upon what you are doing. This macro following for instance runs all the way through and beeps twice even though the first AppleScript throws an error.

-Chris

Hi CCStone, thank you for your response.

This is how I use it; execute the whole macro in another macro but have 6 Applescripts with errors run before the working Applescript is executed (put them into a repeat) . Then please let me know of your findings.

Thank you

Hey There,

Your explanation doesn’t give me an adequate idea of what you’re doing.

If you’ll post a working example of the problem I’ll look at it.

-Chris

Wrap that up in a repeat, is there a way of me uploading the images of the macro as you have done above?

Hey There,

All you have to do is drag an image or file into the Discourse editor.

.kmmacros and .zip files are accepted as well.

-Chris

Thanks. Didn't know this forum editor supported drag/drop.

Of course, it took me a few seconds to realize the the "Discourse editor" was the KM forum editor. :wink:

While we are on this subject (forum editor), what's the easiest/fastest way to enter a named hyperlink? When I paste a named hyperlink copied from another web page, it just pastes the name without the link.

Markdown links are probably the easiest:

[label](url)

[any documentation ?](https://meta.discourse.org/t/post-format-reference-documentation/19197)

becomes:

any documentation ?

(One omission from the page he references there is that you can used fenced code blocks: three backticks before the first code line, and three backticks after the last code line.

Two advantages:

1. less messing with leading space before code lines
  2. syntax coloring
```
days = 86400
```

vs

days = 86400

1 Like

So that's two trips of copy/paste to get a named link.

What we need now is a KM macro that takes a named link on the clipboard and converts it into the markdown text, and then does the paste. :wink:

Thanks. I read the ref, but didn't see anything that would take a named link copied from a web page and convert to markdown.

I saw these choices:

md - Links - Auto-link Wikipedia
md - Links - Chrome Tabs
md - Links - Clipboard
md - Links - Flip Link Style
md - Links - New Link
md - Links - Safari Tabs
md - Links - Self-Link URLs
md - Links - To References

Maybe I'm blind and missed it?

I was thinking of the HTML → to Markdown service, but you’re right, it only works on HTML source.

Planning to tidy up the web clipping code this evening, so I might have a quick look at that. Which browser are you mainly using ?

(drifting a bit off topic here, perhaps the thread should fork ?)

Please see the attached the point of problem is when the repeat that includes the applescript runs thats when the Repeat including all the applescripts do not run one after another. Sorry for the delay.

[quote=“demirtas1, post:13, topic:1544”]
Please see the attached the point of problem is when the repeat that includes the applescript runs thats when the Repeat including all the applescripts do not run one after another.[/quote]

Hey demirtas,

Can you post the macro file, so I can see the whole thing?

-Chris