Application Quits Trigger Not Working

When I quit Simplenote the KM application [Simplenote] quits trigger doesn't activate. Simplenote is not still running according to Activity Monitor. KM does pick up on Simplenote launch trigger and quit triggers for other applications, but not quit for Simplenote. What can I do to make that trigger work?

This is a guess, but do you happen to have this macro in a Group that is only active when Simplenote is running? If so, it’s possible that the action won’t be triggered?

It's set up like so. That's correct, isn't it? That's what I've got working with other applications and quit triggers.

I honestly don’t know. But I’d try temporarily moving it to a group that’s always available, just to see if it triggers then. Let me know what happens - I’m curious.

And that did it. All the other apps’ quit triggers worked in similar folders, but now they all work in an always available group. Thanks, Dan.

Hah! Great guess! :smile: Glad it worked.

Yes, this is a common mistake, putting application triggers within an application-specific Macro Group - since the application has quit by the time Keyboard Maestro would trigger the “App Quit” trigger, the macro group (and hence macro) is no longer active.

A good method is to create a macro group specifically for Application-triggered macros. That macro group is always active, and so are the macros within it, so they can “hear” all the “App Quit/Launched/Activated” triggers.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: How Do I Setup Macro Group So that application quits trigger in the group's macros will function properly?