Best way to quickly include a macro while writing a comment/post?

Very often I would like to quickly share and include my macro quickly as I write out my comment or body of the post. One way I can do it is this :

However this creates a new post I believe. I can then choose to include the image and the post in this screen :

The only option from there though is top start a new topic. I then can copy paste the text into my comment. This all is a bit of a hassle. I would really love to have a simple keyboard trigger macro that would fetch my currently open macro in Keyboard Maestro and include both the macro and the image of the macro in the comment I am writing. This would really ease up sharing my macros. Can such a thing be done?

Something as simple as this :

I type in some string trigger and it will include both the image and the actual macro that is currently open in the KM editor.

Press ⌃⌘⇧4 then drag the cursor to outline the screen area you want to capture, the image will be placed on the clipboard which you can then paste into your post. Export (File→Export Macro) your macro to the Desktop. Click the upload icon in your post, choose your just exported macro file on the desktop then click the upload button and you're done.

I realize this isn't what you asked for (a macro) but it is fairly quick and I know of no macro... yet that will accomplish it. I suspect such a macro would be fairly complicated.

Hey Nikita,

No.

You can automate the process a bit though.

-Chris

Yes, it can be done. :smile:

Your timing is perfect. I have been testing just such a macro for several days now, and it looks OK, so I have uploaded it:

As the name says, it handles upload to either a new topic, or an existing topic.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. As always, I welcome all feedback: bug reports, questions, suggestions for improvement.

3 Likes