Bold toggle for Sibelius

I'm trying to build an action that is triggered by Stream Deck to toggle Text Styles in the sheet music application Sibelius.

The problem is that selecting a text box and using the standard cmd-B doesn't work. You have to double-click and select the text you want. The function to toggle 'bold' is only available through the Inspector as shown here:

and so far I've managed to build actions that enable 'bold' like this:

But I would also like to build it as a toggle recognizing either of these formats:
Skærmbillede 2023-02-21 kl. 11.29.51

So if the T is yellow highlighted, normal or 'pre-selected' KM should press it AND if the Inspector is not shown press the shortcut for that first.

Another slight problem is that the Inspector doesn't seem to be recognised as a window so I'm looking for an image of the text 'Inspector'

Am I wanting too many 'if this image is found then click and if not go to look for this image' or can this be done?

I don't have Sibelius but I can advise you about...

You can have as many as you like. Personally, I would not use nested If actions. Instead I would use nested Try actions like this:

Test Nested Try Catch.kmmacros (78 KB)

Click to see macro

Keyboard Maestro Export

I've used different colours to help make it easier to see what's going on and since this is only an example for you, the actual images are pretty meaningless but in your case you'd have each of the T's represented.

Maybe this approach will work for you but only you can say. Good luck - and let us know how you get on!

Thanks @tiffle!

Don't know how to share the macro the way you did, but I got it to work with this, and the last half is "If inspector isn't open press the shortcut and run the image search again"

Macro Image

1 Like

That's great that you've got it to work!

Have a look here

1 Like