Broken in KM 8: Pause until [macro group] is inactive

This no longer works:

Actually, in KM 7, it might have said "The macro group:" rather than "The macro:"...?

In case you're interested, I have the backslash key show a palette of special keys (because new mac has TouchBar :frowning: ), and one of those keys is the actual backslash, called by typing a backslash.

But since KM 8, when the palette shows, if I tap backslash again, KM now asks whether I want to run the macro that calls the palette, or type a backslash (it used to correctly just type the backslash).

Thanks for hopefully a quick fix? :slight_smile:
A

PS: excited to learn more about KM 8! Thanks for the great work--what a dizzying array of new features!

In case you want to see the context: here's the macro to show the palette (which INCLUDES the above, which I verified is the problem), which is triggered by just pressing the backslash.*

This is just a multi-step way of calling the palette in a way that lets me use the backslash again as a choice within the palette that's showed (most of my hotkeys allow a second press of the hotkey without modifier keys to do something)...

*pressing the backslash within a non-Cocoa app. There's a separate palette for Cocoa apps because of all the craziness of how different apps handle key combinations, etc :stuck_out_tongue:

I checked, and it looks to be tracking the activation ok.

With that macro visible in the editor, run the macro. While the popup is active, does the “(currently true)” change to “(currently false)”?

If so, it may just need a short pause after the Show palette, to allow it to activate.

If the “(currently true)” never changes, then something else may be going on.

I did my first-ever Screenflow video to show you! :slight_smile:

You're right that it correctly tracks the activation, but it seems that, nonetheless, the deactivated group is still capturing the backslash. In this video, I turned on "Display Toggle" and increased the delay to make this clear:

Also, I'll confirm that the deactivated group should be capturing keystrokes ONLY if it is explicitly activated:

I will try to duplicate this, but I’m having some difficult understanding the arrangement of the macros and macro groups.

It would be great if you could create a set of macros / groups that did nothing but duplicate this issue and post them here. Otherwise I’m going to be trying to duplicate it, and if I can’t I wont know if it is the issue being difficult to duplicate or me failing to correctly replicate your setup.

OK will do

Thank you @peternlewis for fixing this in 8.0.2! :heart_eyes:

My hero! :slight_smile:

(Seriously–Keyboard Maestro being Mac-only is the thing that would prevent me from going back to WIndows!)

1 Like