Button Action Works But Is Not Acknowledged by KM

Have an Action Press Button “New Folder” - it works!
But not according to KM so macro hangs at this point.
Is there a work around to this odd behaviour?

Log file
2021-08-14 14:02:17 Press Button “New Folder” failed to find button.
2021-08-14 14:02:17 Press Button “New Folder” failed to find button.. Macro “DSH Save Sketch” cancelled (while executing Press Button “New Folder”).

Should we assume that the application you are trying to press that button for is Finder? Should we assume that you validated that Finder was the "front" application when your Press Button action was triggered? Perhaps you can provide the code so we can see these details?

Good points! I thought it would be something obvious to long term users. Using in Preview - first action in macro is Save As, AS script changes to correct folder, paste from Named Clipboard renames file being saved, clicking at found image is needed to change to pdf format, button "New Folder" works fine, then it hangs at second paste where I want to name the folder same as file saved name from same Named Clipboard.

Appreciate any advise.

Hey Michael,

No – few things are obvious in the world of macros and coding, and we cannot read your mind.

Please don't post macro images without also posting an accompanying macro that people can test. If we can't test – then quite often any help we offer is just conjecture and is also quite often a waste of everyone's time.

Your problem is most likely a timing issue, but if you'll post your macro we can TEST and see.

How to Post Your Macro to the Forum

If you haven't read this it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

-Christopher Stone { Keyboard Maestro Moderator }

Got macro working by just adding a Pause after trying Pause Until Conditions Met - using Default Folder X so realised I could use ⇧⌘N for New folder. Maybe there is a better way to specify PDF format than Click on Image Found. But do for now.

DSH Save Sketch Test.kmmacros (33.9 KB)

Thanks for all the feedback.