Can a macro be made to open a Finder window, with some specific tabs already included?

I've dug around a bit, but to no avail...

Do you want to

1. Open a NEW Finder window, and create the Tabs in it?

OR

1. Open an existing Finder Window,

2.1 With existing Tabs
    2.2 OR Create the Tabs

Open an existing window with existing tabs. At least that’s how I’d like it to work. If you have an alternate suggestion, I’m flexible!

To be clear, I’d like to have a window that is open in the Finder right now, open whenever I hit Command-Control-Shift-F, from now on. Even after a restart, when the window isn’t open yet, I want it to reopen like it looks now. So for sake of discussion, I guess it’s really your #1 eh? Open new Finder window, and then open tabs in it.

The weird thing is that this worked without me doing anything special in High Sierra. At any point, whether any Finder windows were open or not, when I hit the above shortcut, my preferred window with tabs would open! Ever since I upgraded to Mojave, no such luck...

I think this AppleScript will do what you want. You will have to put your own paths in. And you may want to play with the bounds of the window (I have this set up for the lower left corner of my MacBook Pro).

tell application "Finder"
	activate
	open ("/users/jim/Desktop/" as POSIX file)
	open ("/users/jim/Documents/" as POSIX file)
	open ("/users/jim/Movies/" as POSIX file)
	tell application "System Events" to tell process "Finder" to click menu item "Merge All Windows" of menu "Window" of menu bar 1
	set bounds of Finder window 1 to {0, 300, 1300, 1050}
end tell
1 Like

Thanks Jim! I'll play around with it, and post back if I hit any snags.

1 Like