Cannot get cursor to return to original location after move

Attached is what I have. The cursor moves to the desired location, but does not return. Some error in the setup?

Craig

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 11.38.19 AM

There are 2 things you can do here.

The first is to use the in-built feature of the Move and Click action to automatically restore the mouse position. You set it using the gear button as shown here:

KM 2 2020-10-06_17-58-34

This setting makes the way you do it unnecessary...

The second thing is looking at how you save the current mouse position and comparing it to the way I do it. Here's mine:

The only real difference between yours and mine is how I use upper case in the MOUSE functions, i.e. MOUSEX() and MOUSEY(). I honestly don't know if these function names are case sensitive, but I suspect they are as you can see in KM that the variable goes from empty -> 3426, 377 which does not look like what's happening in your action.

Hope that helps.

Very nice of them to supply that obviously essential feature. And very nice of you tell me.

Thanks.

Craig

1 Like

I’ve just spent more time than I care to admit to find the answer to that and finally discovered [Public Service Announcement] FUNCTION NAMES must be uppercase which is self explanatory. That’s something to remember in future!