Cannot get variables to work

I tested as a new non-admin user, and the test macro I posted above worked fine. So I don't think it's a non-admin user issue.

When you upgraded each time, did you start fresh, or did you always migrate from the prior KM install? The only explanation I can think of is that the database got damaged early on, and has been damaged ever since.

If I were you, I'd try this: Export all your macros to a backup, then delete everything related to KM. Reinstall from scratch, then restore your macros from backup. Watch the log files for any error messages, and then try a macro with variables.

-rob.

1 Like

Hey @peternlewis: Any idea why @fort's database would be continually damaged, preventing variable use, apparently since v7?

2023-12-15 18:52:25 FMDB Error: Unknown error finalizing or resetting statement calling sqlite3_finalize
2023-12-15 18:52:25 FMDB Error: executeUpdate sqlite3_finalize returned (11: database disk image is malformed)
2023-12-15 18:52:25 FMDB Query: commit transaction
2023-12-15 18:52:25 FMDB Path: /Users/fort/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Variables.sqlite
2023-12-15 18:52:25 Assertion Failed: ([gDatabase commit]), file: …/Source/Defines/KMVariables.mm:396, value: 0

-rob.

1 Like

Sounds like the Keyboard Maestro Variables.sqlite database is corrupted badly enough that sqlite cannot recover.

In Keyboard Maestro, select Help ➤ Open Preferences Folder
Quit Keyboard Maestro Engine and Keyboard Maestro
Trash the Keyboard Maestro Variables.sqlite file
Launch Keyboard Maestro.

2 Likes

That's it! I'm now seeing the UUID in the window and pasted into the terminal:

Thanks for your help, @peternlewis, @griffman and @Airy ! Problem solved, though if this happens again, I'll be in touch... :slight_smile:

2 Likes