I’m trying out keyboard maestro to execute the following chain of actions upon a midi trigger:
- read a (very small) textfile into a variable
- bring up a specific window
- click in a position in that window to open an editable field
- insert the copied text
- press tab
- send a midi message
It works quite well, but the problem is that steps 2-4 take some time to execute. Usually it lasts 0,5s to run these steps. As I have a group of 5 macros, it can run up to 2,5s if all are active simultaneously. Ideally, it would take around 1/3 of the speed.
I wanted to ask, is it possible to:
- set the processing speed, so that the actions run faster?
- optimise the actions used?
- In case not, do you know if it would be faster to make these run through applescript instead?