Changing the Desktop Wallpaper Folder at a Set Time

I'm working from home and want to be able to automatically change my desktop wallpaper folders (on two screens) at the switch between office hours and home; I figure this may help me to distinguish better bewteen the two parts of the day.

I found a built-in routine to open the Desktop preference pane, but I'm not sure how to proceed from there.

I also found what I thought might be a solution in the form of Ike Nassi's Desktop images Macros, but I have zero experience of Applescript, and his "Documentation" page gives no examples of how to tailor the script. Being a fairly new convert to the Mac OS it goes a bit over my head.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Max B.

I’m the author. Thanks for reaching out. You don’t need to do any AppleScript programming. It’s all built into the macro library.

Help can be found by typing shift-ctrl-option-=.

If I understand your request correctly (but I may not have understood it), if you installed my macro library, you can switch the folder of images you want to use by just typing the hotkey ctrl-option-g and fill in the new desktop folder you want to use. Alternatively, you can just delete the pathname of the folder and you’ll be asked to select a new on when you re-initialize by typing ctrl-shift-I, followed by shift-ctrl-N.

Let me know if that works.

Hi Ike

Great to e-meet you! Just not sure where these commands go.

Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 10.03.34

Does it go here? An example of a completed script would be a real help.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Short answer: they go where I put them in the Change Image Folder script. They have the effect of setting the type of the first of aFolder and fileTarget to text. The third was put in there as a guarantee that the Finder was running.

Let me know if you have any other questions.