Click at found image

Hello guys!
I'm having a problem with importing an image to KM from well.

Image to import:

Result in KM:

How can i import the image correctly so i can find it on screen?

Is the image an external file? If so…

1. Open the image in Preview.

2. Click inside the image area of the Preview window.

3. Press CMD+A to Select All

4. Press CMD+C to copy the image to the clipboard.

5. Return to KM and click inside the image box.

6. Press CMD+V to paste the image.

In the future, you don’t have to save images. Instead, you can press CMD+Control+Shift+4 to take a screenshot that goes only to the clipboard and not a PNG file on your desktop.

See Found Image (KM Wiki).

I have read wiki before posting a topic.

This methid doesn’t work for me.
If i take screenshot and paste it to KM i receive this result from screenshot - blank image with jpeg extension.
Tried to paste from clipboard and by saving a screenshot in .png and .jpg. and it also doesn’t work.

How are you taking the screenshot? If you are using the standard macOS tool, it will work. You want to Use ⌘⌃⇧4, which allows you to capture a region, and then copies to the clipboard. No need to save as a file.

On my machine, I was able to just drag the image you posted to the image selector in a "Move or Click Mouse at Found Image" action and it seems to work fine:

That’s weird, i am using capture section of the screen and then drag or paste to well but it’s not working.
Maybe this function isn’t supported in trial version?

I don't know if using the trial version would make any difference (though I suspect not) but in the meantime, I've tried exporting the test macro I made that includes your image. I'm not sure if the image is included or not, but if it is, that would be one way to get around this problem you're encountering.
Move or Click Mouse.kmmacros (10.4 KB)

Problem solved, thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

There are no limitations in the trial version - it will eventually stop working altogether, that's the only restriction.