Clipboard Analyzer v2 Macro (v11.0.3)

Okay, sorry, I missed that. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Now that I've gone back and done a little more testing, I concur with @Nige_S's assessment. Moreover, it appears that there are cases when LocalWords is not set in the preceding Search using Regular Expression.

I don't want to pollute this thread, but by PM I'll send you a version of the macro that includes an inserted group that might help you diagnose the issue.

@Airy, looks like I can't send you a PM. Please let me know if you'd like me to upload (here) the revised version of your macro.

Yes, I don't read personal messages, so I turned that feature off. I'm not sure why I would object to a revised macro. Feel free to do whatever you want. Do you want to take ownership of this macro? I wouldn't mind. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to anything I upload.

Yes, Nige's theory about LocalWords being empty is a theory, but he admitted his theory was "totally wrong." The fact that it can be empty is something I already accounted for in my macro, by placing it into a TRY block. As you showed in your screenshot, the macro works for you, so that can't be Stefan's problem then, right?

No, @Airy, that wasn't my intention. I just added a group action that displays the accessed variables. I was thinking that it might help you debug. I use this group often.

For what it's worth, here you go...

Download: Clipboard Analyzer v2 - @_jims 2024-07-02.kmmacros (589 KB)

Macro-Image

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.

System Information
  • macOS 14.5 (23F79)
  • Keyboard Maestro v11.0.3

Okay, but there's nothing wrong with my macro, so there's nothing to debug yet. The original poster still hasn't replied to my questions.

1 Like

Okay, maybe I should have written:

it might help you him/her debug

For me, the macro does appear to function as you've stated, but I have noticed that the following is being added to the Engine.log.

2024-07-02 13:46:05 Action 16002068 failed: Task failed with status 1

Based on your exchange with @Nige_S above, it seems you are aware of this. I'm just providing another data point.

Have a great day!