Clipboard issue KM9

OK, you don't have to rush. Thank you for your commitment :slight_smile:

So far the macro works for me in BBEdit, Pages, Numbers, Stickies, MS Word. It doesn’t work in Notes (the ⌘C keystroke action doesn’t seem to work here).

Which app are you using where it doesn’t work?

Adobe InDesign

Yep. In InDesign it doesn’t work for me either. Weird. Does it work for you in the apps I have listed as working above?

After some more tests: The macro so far works in all apps, except Notes, InDesign, Illustrator.

in BBEdit, Stickies, Excel, Word, Visual Studio Code, Chrome works.
In Illustrator works only in panel menus (for example in font size input box)
in Notes, InDesign, Photoshop it doesn't work

1 Like

So, my guess is, this is a KM9 bug, @peternlewis ?

interestingly, the copy action works. the number is in the clipboard, but KM cannot see it.

In the mentioned non-working apps the copy action doesn’t work for me. The clipboard holds the number from the last app where it was working.

I will be looking in to this issue soon.

Thank you, Peter.

OK, v9 changed such that if there was an error in any flavor, then it would fail to read the rest of the clipboard. Apparently there is always an error reading the dyn.ah62d4rv4gk81n65yru (an old styled text flavor) in Notes, and for Mail it is dyn.ah62d4rv4gu8y4znmkfwgk6xfsr3za2pxsvw0e55bsmwfk8puqy (an old style of MUIAddressPasteboardType). The old version covered up this error.

I have fixed this for the next version, which should be out soon (maybe a week, depending on various factors). If you want to try, you can avoid these flavors using:

defaults write com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.engine ExtraIgnoredClipboardFlavors 'dyn.ah62d4rv4gk81n65yru|dyn.ah62d4rv4gu8y4znmkfwgk6xfsr3za2pxsvw0e55bsmwfk8puqy'

I think that would resolve the issue in Notes and Mail (unless there are other erroring flavors). There are likely other flavors in other applications.

Sorry for the hassles.

1 Like

Thanks Peter. So how can I work around this error in InDesign?

In Notes, now the selected number does get copied to the system clipboard (by the ⌘C action), but the OP’s macro still fails. Now with this error:

Set Variable to Calculation failed to evaluate Local_clipboard_quantity+1

(It works fine in most other apps, like for example Stickies.)

Yes, the Adobe apps seem to be concerned too, see here.

I think I wrote about this issue in my own post.

I have a Macro setup to paste plain text. it works in all apps except Pages.

I copy rich text using ⌘C

Paste ⌘^V but nothing happens when using Pages, why?

It looks to me like Peter identified this issue, about 4 posts higher in this thread, and said an update would be coming soon.

This works fine for me with a number copied in Notes with the clipboard issue corrected:

Have you tried the OP’s macro?

According to your screenshot you didn’t copy via KM.

Yes, I added

• Activate Notes
  • Pause for 1.5 Seconds

To the front of the macro and ran it and it worked fine.

I added your two actions to the front and still get the error in Notes (running the macro with a hotkey on a selected number). From the log:

2019-08-20 11:14:00 Set Variable to Calculation failed to evaluate clipboard_quantity+1 Macro “InDesign | Wstaw plakat poziomy A1 [+Activate+Pause]” cancelled (while executing Set Variable “clipboard_quantity” To Calculation “clipboard_quantity+1”).

And…

defaults read com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.engine ExtraIgnoredClipboardFlavors

returns this:

dyn.ah62d4rv4gk81n65yru|dyn.ah62d4rv4gu8y4znmkfwgk6xfsr3za2pxsvw0e55bsmwfk8puqy

Engine relaunched a couple of times.

The OP’s macro with the two added actions: InDesign | Wstaw plakat poziomy A1 [ Activate Pause].kmmacros (3.9 KB)