Control Photoshop's Save for Web

I use Photoshop to save jpg files at specific sizes and qualities for a few projects each of which needs the same size (some in both dimensions) and quality.
I use the Save for Web option because it seems easier to control with Keyboard Maestro than the Export option.
But I still have problems. The Save for Web dialog has many quirks. For example, you can step forward from field to field with tab, but that only steps to some fields. You can get to some of the remaining fields by stepping back with Shift tab.
Add in the fact that the dialog always reverts to Gif, a known bug, timing quirks, etc. and it's a mess:
Here's an example:
Type the ⌥⇧⌘S Keystroke (open Save for Web dialog)

Type the Tab Keystroke

Type the ⇧Tab Keystroke

Pause for .5 Seconds

Type the ⇧Tab Keystroke

Pause for .5 Seconds

Type the J Keystroke (to select jpg instead of gif)

Pause for 1 Second

Type the Tab Keystroke

Insert Text “60” by Typing (quality of jpg)

Type the Tab Keystroke

Type the Tab Keystroke

Insert Text “600” by Typing (size)

Type the Tab Keystroke

Insert Text “800” by Typing (size)

I'm just wondering if anyone has worked with this and has some tips.

Photoshop is scriptable with AppleScript or JavaScript.

You could peek at Photoshop's Dictionary in Script Debugger or Script Editor at the Save Formats Suite to build AppleScript commands to do what you want.

Or you could modify this JavaScript approach, which I have used in the past.

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 “Save For Web” Macro

Save For Web.kmmacros (3.5 KB)

Maybe you like this script as well. In essence you can bulk save layers to files in Photoshop. I use it to automatically safe hundreds of files to .png in one click, it's over here: https://github.com/hsw107/Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast

Saved me so much time!