Copy File and Append Modification Date to Filename

Hi,

I have been trying to copy a file from a Windows Shared Folder to an External SSD. I need the filename in the destination to be append the modification date. Eg: ORIGINAL FILENAME YYYYMMDD

The date to append is the file modification date.

Since I am an inexperienced user I haven't been able to figure out a solution. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

You don't say how you plan to get the paths for the files you want to copy, so I used placeholders for that, as long as you replace the placeholders with real file paths, this should get you started:

Example Macro.kmmacros (2.0 KB)

You don't say how you plan to get the paths for the files you want to copy, so I used placeholders for that, as long as you replace the placeholders with real file paths, this should get you started:

Example Macro.kmmacros (2.0 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I already adapted my macro based on your suggestion and it is working perfectly..

1 Like

@gglick, thank you for this! It works beautifully. I would love to add an action that automatically sets the file path of the folder being copied.

If I'm working in DaVinci Resolve (the app I'm using in this case), I would like an series of action that can:

1. Identify the name of the project that is currently open. This could be done with the UI accessibility I assume.
  2. Find the project (which is a folder) within the projects folder (which is always the same).
  3. Set the file paths for the source file in your macro.

The destination will always be the same.

This is one place in the UI the project name lives (red box in the top center):

This is where the project lives (red box in your macro first path name):

Great macro. I think it will help me to fix something the app cannot do at this point.

Thanks!

Hello @gglick,

I figured it out. I attached the macro below. On to the next step.

Thanks!

Project_Auto_Backup_Auto_File_Path.kmmacros (4.1 KB)

1 Like

Actually, you don't need the second or third action. I guess I'm still confused as to what the split path is for in this context. But it's working, so I'm happy.

Thanks!