Creating my first macro

No, they didn’t. Why are you thinking they would?

I’m expecting the GM for something between tomorrow (Friday), Monday or Tuesday.

Actually, I’m downloading it now. The token is on the Appleinsider site.

The GM?

Well, http://appleinsider.com doesn't reveal anything of interest (as usual). Dare to post your link?

If it were up to me, the answer would be yes, especially since you’ve been so helpful to me. If I did post it, I’d be expelled from the developer preview program.

I tested this script under the latest build of High Sierra (17A362a ) and it still doesn’t work. What I did uncover is that the way the script is written, it will replace the addressee with text, if text is on the clipboard. If an image is on the clipboard, it simply highlights the addressee and the script seems to stop.

Why not save the image to a known location (like /tmp/image.png) and then include it as an attachment in the action?

I’ve gone the named clipboard route as documented, but that wouldn’t get updated every day. I've also tried to run that, and it too fails the same way the one below does. Ideally I'd like to use the %CurrentClipboard% token, but that returns an error No Text In Clipboard.

The $|$ token will work only in an Insert Text action, so it's useless in the Mail action as you have used it.

The macro actually works fine for me in Sierra. So it may be that High Sierra has messed around some more with Mail. I can't test that I'm afraid.

A Pause after the active action might work.

If you just do the Send Mail Message and Leave Open, and Activate Mail, what is the situation at that point. Where is the insertion cursor? In Sierra, it is flashing insertion in the body of the message.

From Appleinsider: http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/14/apple-issues-golden-master-of-macos-high-sierra-ahead-of-public-launch-sept-25

I was able to finally get this script working. The problem seems to come from running it while the KM Editor was in the forefront. As soon as I put an action to bring Mail to the forefront, everything fell into place.

I'm not sure whether KM is designed to work that way or High Sierra has a hand in this behavior. Either way, I feel more confident about using KM for future projects and better understand how it works.

Well, this is brand new then :slight_smile:

I see it now also in the Downloads section of my account:

PS: But I think I will not yet install it on all Macs. This seems pretty early for a GM and maybe we'll see a second or third GM candidate before Sep 25…