Device Trigger

I have a Targus number pad I would like to use as a Device Trigger (So I can use the TAB key as a trigger and not trigger a regular TAB). It triggers fine but then I am locked out of any input from my keyboard or USB Number pad. I have to switch to another program and back to get input again. I have 300 other macros all working fine. It is something related to the device trigger I think.

Any ideas?

Tim

What happens if you do not have the macro enabled at all and you press the TAB key?

The thing with USB Device Key triggers is that they do not interfere with the normal behaviour of the key/button at all, they just detect it. So the trigger itself will have no affect on the keyboard or number pad. The TAB key might, or the macro might do something that affects things, but the trigger just detects the device change.

Thanks for the explanation. It seemed to be an issue with it not swallowing the trigger. I was using my other TAB as a trigger to and it also was giving me some trouble. I have stopped using them and now all seems OK.

Would love an option for it is swallow a device trigger through!

Its not possible - Keyboard Maestro only gets to see the changes, not influence them.