DIY LoupeDeck! Use MIDI Keyboard knobs to control Pixelmator Pro sliders

I really love Pixelmator Pro, and don't regret abandoning the Adobe ship years ago. I edit dozens of photos a day, so using adjustment sliders constantly was getting sub optimal. LoupeDeck+ seemed pretty cool, but at nearly $300 and it's reliance on Adobe products was a deal breaker. I did have an underutilized Arturia Minilab MIDI keyboard with lots of knobs and button pads. Maybe i could.........

There were not a lot of obvious solutions, but I did notice that Pixelmator Pro has excellent AppleScript support. I also knew Keyboard Maestro supports MIDI keyboards and could use those knobs, sliders and button pads as triggers. After a little trial and error, I got it to work! Now I can use the 16 control knobs to handle most of my previously slider dependent tasks. I even used the button pads to handle a few other keyboard and mouse heavy tasks. So, if you want to try it yourself, head over to my Github repo to download the AppleScript and steps to set up Keyboard Maestro. I ended up getting LoupeDeck like functionality for less than a third of the price. Amazon even has some MIDI keyboards that have only knobs and button pads for the musically averse...

Tony Knight's Github Repo

3 Likes