Do Macros Run More “Smoothly” on M1 Macs?

I have an old 2015 MacBook Pro (base model) running low on storage. I love my macros and KM and I’m looking for an excuse to upgrade to maybe the M1 MacBook Air.

For those who have made the transition to M1, has the increased computing power improved your experience with KM and your macros?

I ask because I feel like my computer sometimes stutters/slows a bit, which can have the effect of upsetting my longer, more convoluted macros.

A newer CPU will certainly help.
I'm not on M1 yet, but overall it's a step up in processing power over Intel CPUs.

I've run KM on a borrowed M1 laptop and it works incredible well. I'm waiting for the next revision of the M1 chip that is rumored to come out this fall.

1 Like

I'm pretty sure it helps.
JavaScript seems to run faster while other things are happening, and I seem to be able to load more tabs in the browser (I automate websites a bit with KM).
Not certain if that's due to upgrading from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB RAM, or the M1, but I'm getting better performance from KM one way or the other.

I've moved from a 2012 retina MacBook Pro 15" (i7-3615QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM) to a MacBook Air 13" M1 16 GB unified memory.

2 Likes

Nice to hear! A lot of my macros are browser-based, so it’s nice to know that I’ll be able to load more tabs with less issues. I am also holding out to hear about the new MacBooks, but I like the price of the MacBook Air.