Does "Found image" have trouble with dark mode?

I have a macro that uses a found image and has worked for 2 or 3 years—until now, after I've started using dark mode. I replaced the original image (a screenshot of a folder name in the Finder) with one that's nearly identical, except it's in dark mode. And now, KM fails to see the image every time. I'm stumped because there are NO other matches to this image anywhere on the screen. There are six folders in view, and this is one of them—and it has a 100% unique name. I've tweaked and tweaked and tweaked to no avail.

Incidentally, the following language in the KM Wiki on "Found Image" is unclear:

" Display Checkbox – If checked, it will highlight on the screen all found matches"

What does "highlight on the screen" mean? If the Found image is in the Finder, does this mean KM can somehow "highlight" the match it finds, directly in the Finder? I'm not aware that KM can superimpose highlighting over a Finder window, so it's unclear exactly what is being described here.

Any suggestions for getting Found Image to work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it will highlight the found image in green in Finder app.
I have tried this in dark mode, and it did highlight the fileName (as captured image) in green.
you may want to specify what version of mac os you are using. I tested this in catalina.

Thank you. If you have time, I'd love to see a screenshot of what that highlighting looks like.

I'm in Catalina on this machine, as well.

Thanks again.

As can seen, the image is highlight in green for a second in Finder

I have created a macro you can just copy the image into clipboard, and trigger the key to highlight it in green.

Thank you very much. I'm not seeing that at all—but that's technically understandable, since KM is no longer seeing my found image.

Not so long ago I started having the same issue, try this macro:

it'll work in both normal "day mode" and Dark mode

1 Like