Feature Request: 1) Add font support to Display Text action 2) Multi Row Button in Input Prompt Action

I find Keyboard Maestro very useful in building complex applications that make possible by using Shell Scripting action that call Ruby script. This capability allow me to run many applications without consuming too much memory (KM is amazing because it actually consume less memory than a single application running).

These can be resolved through more involving Custom HTML, but may have prefer the simplest and efficient way.

1. One of the most useful is Display Text action which is useful for displaying data generated from reports. However, due to its ability to support font , (in this case fixed-width font), the report lost its text alignment and make it hard to read.

I hope that next version of KM can add ability to select font for Display Text Action, and alert action.

1. Application can easily perform many functions using Prompt Input action, however there is limited number of buttons can be added due to screen width will restrict its visibility, it will be useful if buttons can be added in multiple rows.
1 Like

Hey @macdevign_mac,

You can do this already by hitting Cmd-T in the display text in window action and selecting your preferred font and size.

These are Keyboard Maestro ACTIONS and will import into the macro currently being edited in the Keyboard Maestro Editor:

Keyboard Maestro Actions.kmactions (1.5 KB)

As you can see the text in the display text action is Menlo 14, and this will affect the text displayed in the pop-up window.

-Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris,
thank and that really great. It is strange that I have used Keyboard Maestro for years and yet overlook such feature :}

I wonder if it is possible to disable wordwrap in DisplayText Window, as report data may exceed the window width.

Nyet.

If you really need this then download BBEdit and use it as a viewer.

I recommend BBEdit, because the commercial demo reverts to BBEdit-Lite after 30 days and yet remains extremely powerful and more-to-the-point AppleScriptable.

Once the bbedit command line tool is installed you can pipe stuff directly from the shell into an editor window.

echo "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." | bbedit

Here's how to use AppleScript to do the same thing:

----------------------------------------------------------------
# Make a new BBEdit Document with the Given Text

set someTextData to "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

tell application "BBEdit"
   activate

set newDoc to make new document with properties {text:someTextData}

tell newDoc's window

if soft wrap text = true then
         set soft wrap text to false
      end if
   end tell

end tell

** Run from an Execute an AppleScript action.

BBEdit runs 24/7 on my system for this and other reasons.

-Chris