Final Cut Pro Automation

I'm looking to both automate final cut pro export (in final cut, file->share->master file), as well as "start batch" in compressor.

In other words I'd like to be able to schedule these tasks so I'm not waiting around for them.

Hi @hiren4776

Break down the steps that you use to manually achieve your task and then see if you can build a Keyboard Maestro Macro that automates those steps.

Have a go and if you get into problems, post back your Macro here to seek specific help with the parts that don't work. I use both Final Cut Pro and Compressor on a daily basis so I am very happy to help you get your Macro working.

Keyboard Maestro can replicate menu commands (so, Final Cut Pro→File→Share→Master File can be done with one Keyboard Maestro Action).

Keyboard Maestro can also activate and bring Apps to the Front (so, Activate Compressor could be another Action).

Keyboard Maestro can also be set to run the complete Macro at a specific time or when a particular condition is true.

1 Like

I could definitely use some help in things I can't figure out in FCP. Here's what I am trying to do and the steps I've created so far, but I believe it could be easier:

The Goal is to replace braw proxy clips on the timeline with their original counterpart. There's no proxy original workflow here since I am using a tool called BRAW Toolbox that created useable braw clips for FCP. This a very long painstaking manual process since I can't figure out how to do batch to the timeline; not even using Resolve.

Steps:

1. Select a clip on the timeline. I am actually doing this from the index using "B0" in the search because all braw clips start with this name.
  2. Go to the head of the clip.
  3. Copy the clip source timecode
  4. Find the clip with the same name in my braw clips smart collection (which isolates only braw clips in the library)
  5. Select the BRAW Toolbox-created clip
  6. Go to the same timecode as the source I copied
  7. Select the proxy clip to replace on the timeline
  8. Copy the proxy clip to replace (so I maintain all effects and transformations)
  9. Replace from start the clip on the timeline
  10. Select the replaced clip (which now has the BRAW Toolbox-created clip)
  11. Select the clip
  12. Paste attributes
  13. Select clip
  14. Drop volume to 0

My current method use F13, F14, and F15 to achieve this, but I still have to do a lot of selecting and manually searching.
I start by selecting the clip, going to the head of the clip and copying the source could (command + C) using the timecode window.

Here are my Macros. I wish there were still a more efficient way of doing this. I don't like recording the screen because a lot that's recorded is dependent on my window size being always the same and coordinates landing in the same place.
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 7.26.08 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 7.26.56 PM
Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 7.27.07 PM