My favourite action (and its closely related “condition”) is FIND IMAGE. I use it a lot, so I probably have a longer wish list for it than others may have.
- The fuzziness slidebar value is a constant, not a variable, which limits what my program can do with it. I would like to be able to have my program adjust fuzziness values until it can find the object. (I did read the post about changing this into a variable, but I can still put it on my wish list here.)
- The bitmap to be searched for is a constant, not a variable, which severely limits what I can do with it. I end up writing lots of duplicate macros because I can’t put a variable into this “Image Well.” Duplicate macro management wastes a lot of my time. One time I dragged an object into the image well and I saw something that looked more like a variable or file name in the Image Well (!), but I think that was a glitch; I can’t repeat it.
- It lets me search the screen but won’t let me search an image stored in a clipboard, which limits it a lot. If I process an image with IMAGEMAGICK, how to I get it back into KM so I can search for something in an image?
- The FOREACH FOUNDIMAGE is very helpful, but it only lets me search TOP DOWN or LEFT RIGHT, when sometimes I need to do BOTTOM to TOP or RIGHT to LEFT. Also, I’d like this flag to be a variable rather than a constant, so that I don’t have to write macros to handle these 4 or 5 cases.
- The FIND IMAGE action returns a value if the result is unique, or returns a single (best?) result if I uncheck “must be unique” but I would really prefer it returned all the images, one per line of result text. Perhaps the best result should be returned in the first line, but since it can also sort from TOP or from LEFT, that should be possible here too.
- When I use the AREA component, I have to pass four separate values instead of a single variable which could contain all the data it needs. KM has some good support for rectangle handling, but it’s not found here.
- It’s not obvious what the “Display” option box is for, and the help page for this action doesn’t contain the word “display” so I can’t figure it out. It isn’t obvious to me.
It’s a VERY efficient action/condition. I would call it magical. I love it. I use it so much it could be the reason I am experiencing memory leaks with the KM engine.
If I could pick a single item that’s most important to me, it would be #2, to allow a filename to be inserted into the Image Well. That would effectively make it a variable, without polluting the variable environment, and with minimal effect on the UI. But #5 would be very helpful and looks fairly easy to implement.