Flickr Integration with Keyboard Maestro: Requirements Solicited

Hi all,

I worked a couple of years ago in the Go programming language and really enjoyed it. I want to do some more work with Go, so I am going to use it to automate some things with the Flickr photo sharing site. I think it might have some interesting uses paired with KM, so I thought I would see if anyone else would find it useful and gather some use cases.

My initial personal use case is to locate and download a random image from the ones I have Favorited on Flickr and either make the image display in the screen saver or set a Desktop background. I don't know how much I need past this, but I can see this being potentially useful for others.

Flickr uses a REST API, so I envision the Go binary (or binaries) taking certain command-line arguments and returning JSON info or performing file uploads or downloads. This would obviously be a KM Shell Script action at its core.

My questions are:

1. Would you find this useful? I have a very specific itch to scratch, but I would be happy to expand it if there is interest.
  2. What would be the most KM-friendly way of presenting the binaries? The binaries would probably need a number of arguments and it would be nice to have them enumerated in a KM action block rather than just slapping them together in a Shell Script invocation.