Go To Executed Macro [Updated 2021-01-13]

Doesn’t happen on my system (lot of good that does you, of course).

Did you Force Quit and try again? Reboot?

Anyone else see this happening?

For maybe the third time in my life I am at a complete loss for words. I just spent several minutes trying to think of something to say, but I’m just sitting here with my brain’s jaw dropped and unable to move. Best in Class! Yaaaaay!!

LOL. You stole that from me, when I got the code from Chris!

NIce integration job, Dan. :thumbsup:

I've downloaded it, and it runs fine.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, after you open the target macro, you can quickly jump back to the calling macro just by clicking on the Macro History button:

1 Like

or the < to the left of it, right?

It was already a feature request planned for a future version :wink:

Thanks to the synergic team of authors to make the future so nicely present :smiley:

–Alain

1 Like

@DanThomas you have (unknowingly) responded to a feature request made by myself and @radiator almost 2 years ago!

Well, not exactly. But for someone like me who has macros calling other 'ingredient' macros, it should make life easier when I'm picking back through my macros...

Right there with you. Glad I could help.

1 Like

At the recommendation of putting too many “thank you” posts, I cannot resist giving one more this desperately-needed function! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Folks,

I believe it was Keyboard Maestro 8 that significantly improved its AppleScript support.

The following macro is greatly streamlined thanks to @peternlewis' efforts.

-Chris

Go To ⇢ the Selected Execute Macro Action's ⇢ Target Macro v2.00.kmmacros (6.3 KB)

5 Likes

This new macro is much faster. Thanks, @ccstone.

1 Like

Thanks, Chris. I edited my OP and put your new version in it. I assume that's OK. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:And yes, it's WAY faster. Very cool. Thanks!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Go To ‘Activate Group for 1 Action’ Target Group

Just discovered this thread. Thank you @ccstone. This is functionality I've wanted from the beginning!

4 Likes

I just discovered this gem as well, an outstanding resource! I have a LOT of macros set up as sub-routines, and sometimes remembering where they are located when I'm working with the execute a macro action leaves me scratching my head. I added this beauty to my Keyboard Maestro profile for my Stream Deck and it is AWESOME!

2 Likes

Just found this. Thank you. I wish Peter would add this as a toolbar button.

1 Like

You're welcome, and I totally agree. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't already.

@peternlewis - How about adding a context menu item for when we click on an "Execute a Macro" action, that lets us go to the executed action? It's kind of a no-brainer, don't you think? In fact, I fully expect you to reply with "it's already there - are you blind?" :smile:

1 Like

It's not in the contextual menu, but it is in the macro chooser menu.

@peternlewis – I still think “Select Macro” should be “Go To Macro”.

People have regularly missed out on this feature for years, because they think “Select Macro” means select the macro to execute...

I made that mistake myself back in the day and only discovered the actual function by selecting “Select Macro” and getting surprised by the Keyboard Maestro Editor going to the macro.

6 Likes

I completely agree. I had no idea that's what that menu item did.

3 Likes

I've made this change for the next version.

I also changed the View menu items to Go to Macro ➤, and Go to Last Aborted Action.

10 Likes