Google Chrome Checkbox

Hi

I'm reviewing web pages. The web pages come with a checkbox named 'None of Above' and that checkbox must be checked. Problem is, sometimes webpages come with 2 or 3 'None of Above' checkboxes. All of them must be checked anyway.

Right now I'm doing this keystroke action 'Cmd + F' and 'none of above' then space button. This method works when there is only one checkbox. But sometimes 2 or 3 comes I need to manually click it.

The number of checkboxes is totally random and it is not my control. Any idea I can fully automatically click all those 'none of above' checkboxes?

I must use Google Chrome and I want to those checkboxes automatically checked every time the page is being loaded.

Tia

This idea may not work 100% of the time, and I'd need to see the webpage to be sure it will work at all, but you could use a FindImage command in a loop to click on any visible checkboxes. Based on what you've said so far, this should work fine.

Super easy with javascript. We'll need to see the source code for the page though. Please provide a URL, or a download of the page (use your browser "save page as" menu).

3 Likes

This is the way.

@Choi_Hyung-min Vincent knows his JavaScript. He was able to help me with some rather complicated (to me) HTML a month ago that I wasn't able to read either with xPath or Query Selector.

2 Likes

I'll try to remember that, as his initials are jaVA.

Thanks much but I am not allowed to share the page outside. :frowning:

if i use the Findimage macro, will it click every (no matter how many in the page) checkbox I specified in that macro? Just one Findimage macro does that all?

It's understandable if you can't share the page. That leaves Find Image as a possible option.

The Find Image macro will click on any copy of the boxes that are visible on the page. Find Image is a finicky piece of code. I can work well with it if I can see the image, but you said you can't share the image, so you are going to have to do most of the work. Here's a sample action showing how to make it work:

I inserted a random checkbox image in the action above. I have no idea what your checkboxes look like. You will be required to create this action and insert your own image. Choosing the correct image for this action is as much an art as a science. If I could see the image I could tell you a reliable way to pick an image, but since you can't show me, you're going to have to do some experimenting until it works. Give it a try, and if it doesn't work, tell me the issues. As you are new to this, I recommend that you check off the "Display" box so you can see where this action thinks the images are.