GUI enhancement requests for KME

Is it possible to add the name of the currently edited Macro to the title bar of Keyboard Maestro Editor? This would save me from having to scroll up a lot to see what I’m editing. You might argue “look at the name in the macros pane” but the reality is that pane is usually blocked by the Actions pane so it’s much easier to scroll to the top than to click to close the Actions pane and then click on New Action again.

Perhaps this idea might make it into the 10% of my ideas that get implemented.

Alternatively, just put a copy of the macro name in the bottom status bar of Keyboard Maestro Editor which is mostly blank space anyway. I would also be happy with that.

Actually, I might even prefer an option where the name and the triggers for the action are in a static window that doesn’t scroll when I scroll up the actions area of the macro. I realize why this idea isn’t always feasible for macros with long triggers, but who really uses 25+ lines of triggers anyway? If triggers take over 25 lines just make it into a scrollable window like the actions area is. Or at least make the macro name non-scrolling.

My opinions aren’t always right. This is just my opinion.

1 Like

I like the last idea of making the title and trigger area static while scrolling the macro “actions” list. I too find myself scrolling up to see what macro I’m working on.

Thanks. Only about 10% of my ideas ever make it into the product. And even so, in some of those cases Peter already had my ideas in mind.

I'll think about this.

In the mean time, you can display the title of the currently selected macro with this macro:

Title of Current Macro.kmmacros (1.5 KB)

Add an appropriate trigger as desired.

1 Like