How Do I Trigger Macro by Its HotKey From Another Macro?

Thanks.

The only thing I can’t figure out is the icons. I mean, I can do them, but it takes to long to read them. I’m not talking minutes, but it would add an annoying pause, and I know it would just irritate me.

And personally, a palette without icons is plain ugly, so I don’t know if I’d ever end up using this.

Do you think this is worth it, without having the icons?

Huh. I would have thought that would trigger the hot key macros.

I’m surprised it doesn’t. Other than that, I have no suggestions really unless you can find some other way to simulate the keys.

Sorry Peter. My bad. I used a capital "R" when I should have used a lowercase "r".

###This Works

tell application "System Events"
  keystroke "r" using control down --- CTRL-R
end tell

So many little places to go wrong . . . :wink:

1 Like

On my Mac with Sierra both methods work, via AS and via KM action keystroke. On my MBA with El Capitan the KM action does not work, i.e. it does not trigger the ⌃R macro.

I should have stated:
I'm runnin Keyboard Maestro 7.3.1 (7.3.1) on macOS 10.11.4

Hey Dan,

Oh, I don't know – I've seen several requests over the years for features similar to that.

But I think the audience at large for such things is fairly small.

-Chris

1 Like

That's never stopped me before. :slight_smile:

It only works on Sierra because the timing has changed slightly in the event queue handling. It could change back to the other way at any time with any minor change to your system. And indeed, even under Sierra you’ll find if you do something like this:

Trigger: A
Type Key: A

And then press A, the A will eventually get through.

Thanks for the explication. I was wondering.