How to archive unused KBM macros?

The following reply comments definitely should be spli off into a new thread.

Yes. Sorry that I wasn't clear.

I am definitely pushing Mission Control Desktop Workspaces past their design limits. I don't know if you've been in any way tracking my progress, but I currently have 45 Spaces available, with 33 of them in active or semi-active use. (I made extra because I can only make more than the pseudo-limit of 16 when I have a second display attached and for the last couple of years I've been only on my laptop with my external display in storage.)

Thanks, yes it is. Ideally it would be recently saved whenever the system crashes or I am forced to reboot. But if the process gets in the way or slows things down, I don't want it frequently. My first pass, I think, would be to manually activate it whenever I "feel" the need is immanent.

A key point for me is to have this window-by-window and Space-by-Space

I don't have any regular "end" to my day. It's often when my eyes are so tired that I can't read the page without turning the brightness up to where it hurts. Daily backup is handled in the background by Time Machine. I'm planning on an independent cycle for baking up KBM macros, when I'm actively working on something, because my Time Machine drive is not always connected to my laptop, and there's a nice macro for that in the Forum here, but I haven't gotten around to setting that up.

I, too, and very fond of Markdown. Thanks for the reminder of those very useful tokens.

TL;dr:
Unfortunately, that is probably because Apple treats the feature like a bastard step-child who it is illegal to let starve. They used to have lots of information available through their API, such as which Space was active, which Space a window was open in, etc. and a few developers were beginning to make effective use of that, then Apple deprecated everything. The only API that is still publicly available is NSNotifyActiveSpaceDidChange, which Peter has made available (thanks!) in KBM as of v11.0. I use that to put the current Space name (as I've named it) onto a pushdown stack which then makes available a lot of functionality, beyond what Apple ever did. For instance, I can display a list of Spaces in usage order and I have the very useful function of Go To Previous Space. I've created my space-changing macros, including Go To Previous Space, to support dragging a window along with the change, so it's the same command in either condition — whether or not you are holding a window's title bar determines whether or not you drag the window with you.

Having intuitive, robust, transparent Space Management functions (KBM macos) available makes all the difference in being able to use Spaces as part of my working environment.