How to attach a file in Chrome dialog window?

Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 on macOS 10.13.6

Is there a way to select a file and highlight a file from a variable, when using Chrome "attach file" dialog window?
Below is an example of one of the attach file windows, but they are all very similar.

https://photos.google.com/ has one that is available...If you click upload, you get a dialog box that asks you to find the file on your computer, select it and then click upload.

In my case, I have about 500 files that need to uploaded to a web site, and I know the filename/path, but don't know how to select it in Chrome in that dialog window.

One way I have tried is to focus the Search window in the upper right of of the dialog box, pasting in the file name and then putting focus on the folder area by clicking in it, but there must be a better way!

What I want to do is use a variable to select the right file for upload. I have the filename/path, but don't know how to get the dialog box to respond.

Thanks in advance for your help. I've worked through a bunch of issues on this one, but not sure how to solve this.

Hey Jacques,

See this post:

How to Select a Specific File in an Open or Save Dialog Window

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Chris

1 Like

Chris - that worked…thanks for pointing me the right direction!
Got it working…really appreciate your help. Not sure if Mac OS has changed since your original post, but the buttons to push are now “Go” instead of “GO” and “Open” instead of “Choose”.