How to Configure a Key to Stop Typed String Trigger?

I configured 'cc' typed string to some action, when I typed a 'c', then,basic I've three questions:

1.How to cancel this trigger at this time when I dont wan't trigger with next 'c' ? so that i can typing a 'cc'.
2. Is there any way to custom configure a key to cancel this trigger at this time?
3. Can I set the typed string trigger timer interval(e.g. set to 1 second, then after 1 second I can type another 'c' with safe)?

After typing the first c, then type esc and then carry on typing. I've tried this in TextEdit and the URL/search field in Safari and it seems to work, but it may not work everywhere. YMMV.

EDIT:
Just looked at the wiki page for typed string triggers trigger:Typed String [Keyboard Maestro Wiki]

and it says

"If you need to type the trigger text without the macro firing, type and delete a Shift-Space in the middle, like “=e«Shift-Space»«delete»m=”.

As above, typing Shift-Space will cancel the sequence, as will any control key or command key (eg Command-.), any macro execution, switching applications, clicking the mouse, or not typing for more than a few seconds."

Best advice: study the wiki!

2 Likes

Hi what's "shift-space" and "control-" mean?

I tried:

press 'c' then press 'shift'+'space' key combo, after that, I press 'c',still trigger
press 'c' then press 'control' key, after,after that, I press'c',still trigger

The wiki says

"type and delete a Shift-Space in the middle"

so, press these keys:

some text cSPACEdeletec some more text

which will give you "some text cc some more text"

as will my example of

some text cescc some more text

When the wiki says "control-" it is referring to a control key sequence, such as

crc

but, of course, r might actually be a shortcut for something on your Mac, so I'd stick to the esc or SPACEdelete approach.

Hope that helps.

Hey @hu_hao,

It's generally a bad idea to use typed-triggers with strings that occur in normal typing.

Use cc<space> or cc; or ;cc or something else you're comfortable with.

A good prefix or suffix solves this sort of problem every time.

You can also use . to interrupt a typed-string trigger.

-Chris