How to create a display only non functional palette to view always active shortcuts in an app dedicated macro group

Hello,

I create 2 macro groups for each of my apps: one is a series of hotkeys which are active only in that app, and the other also uses hotkeys, but using the palette format.

My problem is that I tend to forget some of the always active hotkeys / shortcuts in the always active in that app macro group. I was wondering if there would be a way to display those shortcuts , for example in a kind of non active display only palette form (because palettes are so easy to read).
Forget about keycue: the only option is to display every possible shortcut including Cmd-C to copy etc, which makes it too busy and unreadable.

thanks very much for your time and help

Hi @ronald,

You should give KeyCue more credit: it is perfectly possible to have it only display macro shortcuts in just the way you describe:

The way I have it set up here, holding down just Ctrl will show only macros, but of course you can configure the trigger in a way that makes sense for you.

1 Like

Thank you for the solution.

You are right: I should have given KeyCue more credit. My mistake.

thanks again

1 Like

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but is there a way to have KeyCue display only KeyboardMaestro macros that have hot key triggers (and not those that only have typed strings, etc.)?

1 Like