How to speed up find image

I am looking for a way to speed up find image. Find image works fine for a few images, but when I am trying to sift through 20+ icons it tends to be a bit slow. I figured the best way to speed it up would be to limit the search area for it, but don’t know if that is possible. I am using a lowered resolution right now and that certainly helps. I also set it up to break loop when it identified the image, which helps. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

There is no option to limit the search area for the image searching.

Currently the only things that would help is a smaller screen or a faster Mac. Not having Keyboard Maestro editor displaying any Find Image actions will help somewhat since it will be periodically asking to search the screen to update the action displays as well, and that will add more load to your processor.

The ability to limit the search area is on the todo list, but I have no ETA on when that might happen I’m afraid.

The only other option would be to use some other tool to find the images (eg screencapture the screen and then ask another tool to process the image). I have no idea what tool might do that though.

Hmmm, thanks for the quick response. I was looking into python for a solution, I guess I’ll keep trying to see if there is one in there. Actually is there a way to run find image on an image file (screenshot) without opening it?