I Need Some Help With This Custom HTML

I would like the Birth and Death Year to be on the same line. The input for both is limited to just 4 characters so the input field can be shortened.

I would like to have a row of 5 radio buttons under the State to Search line.
Radio Button: B: O - F: O - R: O - A: O - C: O

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GRW - Input Prompt v2.01.kmmacros (38 KB)

I'm looking at this now. Simple as the form is, the CSS seems to have gotten a bit jumbled. I'll see if I can clean it up while adding your requests.

1 Like

So here's a stab at it. There were a lot of superfluous tags and a missing <body> that I cleaned up. So it's smaller and perhaps easier for you to make changes now:

ss-704

GRW - Input Prompt v2.01.kmmacros.zip (12.8 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks

It looks great and I have been using and it also works great.

I just need to look at the code so I can learn how it works.

Roger

Glad it works for you!

I hope you don't mind additional questions.

1. How do I capture which radio button and use in KM?

2. How do I make the radio buttons so that you tab through each one?

<div class="row" align="center">
		<input type="radio" name="m" value="B"> B &nbsp;
		<input type="radio" name="m" value="F"> F &nbsp;
		<input type="radio" name="m" value="R"> E &nbsp;
		<input type="radio" name="m" value="A"> A &nbsp; 
		<input type="radio" name="m" value="C"> C
</div>

Roger

I don't mind at all, Roger. I was away from my keyboard so these answers came off the top of my head (I believe), but back now with a screen shot and a few more details:

1. The form’s input tag name should be the same as your KM variable with KM spaces converted to underlines. Radio buttons are no different. But their value is what gets stored with the name. Pop this under your form in the macro and you'll see which radio button was selected:

ss-706

1. You don’t tab through radio buttons because you tab through form inputs and radios are just one input. But you can arrow through the radio buttons (start with the Down arrow). And you can set a default too.

Hope that helps. Follow-up questions welcome, of course.

1 Like

Thanks worked like a charm

1 Like